CURRENT OPENINGS - Miner - Dell Rapids
Miner – Entry level with an opportunity for advancement.
Clean, adjust and maintain equipment, using hand tools if/as needed. Uses shovels, cutters, scaling bars, and other hand tools proficiently as part of the mining process. Ability to identify, maintain and (if applicable) repair minor/general maintenance on equipment.
Run equipment such as skid loaders and water trucks to keep the mine site clean.
Safety must be a top priority. Must be able to complete MSHA Safety Training and pass test.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or General Education Degree required.
- Work extended hours to meet business demands.
- High attention to detail.
- Good work attendance.
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 pounds
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform the physical duties of the work in all types of weather conditions
- Safely and efficiently operate equipment such as skid steer and water truck.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance on mobile equipment as needed, using ladders to access platforms and landings
- Display good communication skills including the ability to understand and follow verbal and written direction and instructions
- Learn a variety of work skills associated with maintenance and repair operations
- Safely and efficiently use a variety of hand and power tools
- Read, understand and follow safety rules and regulations and procedures
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Monday to Friday. Some Saturdays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off.
Job Type: Full-time
L. G. Everist, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or any status protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.