Blade/Motor Grader Operator
JOB SUMMARY: This person will safely operate grader to spread and level dirt, gravel and stone to grade specification. All work is local. No overnight travel.
• Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained
• Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on blade/motor grader.
• Safely and properly operate blade/motor grader including: regulating height and angle of grader blade, lowering scarifier and loosening packed soil to permit grading and tilting front wheels of grader when making sharp turns. Drives grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of assisting worker, to level surface to specified grade. Feels level and listens to sound of engine to determine depth of cut. May perform fine or rough grading.
• Assist laborer or roller operator with dumping trucks and keeping load counts
• Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
• Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.).
Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
• Properly following company and OSHA/MSHA safety procedures.
• Must have a willingness to cross-train in other positions and areas.
• Knowledge of equipment.
• Ability to read and design plans
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to follow and enforce safe work practices
• Self-directed and can work independently with minimal supervision.
• Assist other employees as needed.
• Medical Coverage
• Dental Coverage
• Vision Coverage
• Life Insurance
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
L.G. Everist Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law
L. G. Everist, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or any status protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.